Thursday, October 9, 2008

Doctor Miller ~ Rheumatology

So on Wednesday, I had a Rheummy appointment. I've been in constant pain for as long as I can remember these past few years. Just sitting down typing this will/or would cause my arms and fingers to ache. Or my legs to ache or what ever seems to be the "HOT ITEM" of the moment. There is only so much pain a person can handle before they seriously just get so depressed and not want to do anything at all. But with me, I've got two children who rely on me daily for food and life.

After Wednesday's appointment, I feel MUCH better KNOWING I finally have a diagnosis and possible help! When I say possible help, meaning a medication that has been approved for my problem. My problem is Fibromyalgia. It totally explains my symptoms and my aches and pains. After looking at my blood work and ruling out other factors that could be causing my complaints and reading my "symptom" list...it was decided that this has to be it. Basically Fibromyalgia is a "rule" out problem. Meaning that once everything else has been ruled out, then this "has" to be it. Don't surprise me...I've seen patients with this, as well as worked with them and have a friend with Fibro. It's NO surprise to me that this same day my grandma was also diagnosised with it as well.

After I stop breastfeeding Rheanna, and figure out EXACTLY what is causing her breakout on her bottom, then I will definitely be taking the perscribed medication. This medication is called Lyrica. It has some side effects, but of course every medicine has it's downsides. Most people are able to work with/through it. I just hope to go out and play with the children as they get MORE active!

I'll post some more about this later :)

Thanks for reading!

~ Brandi ~

No comments: