Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Looking Back ~ Shock!?!

Today in the car, I had my daughter, my son & my son's friend coming home from Gymboree Play & Music. Aryan said something to Kaden in the form of, "You have to make sure to listen to my mommy Kaden." Kaden said okay. It just sort of dawned on me, that about 10 years ago ... I dreamed of becoming a mommy and now I have two children, and a son telling a friend that he has to listen to "HIS" mommy. Suddenly I became an adult. When did this happen? I am responsible for two children and their well-being. WHO gives us this right to become parents? Who says that we're ready to be responsible for someone other than ourselves?

It just seems like yesterday that life has just passed us by. And we just sort of grew up without really realizing it. Makes you wonder how many people you've thought about or forgotten over those years.

Just wanted to share my shock that I had today. Here I am, a mommy driving in a mini-van with two children and I still feel ~ mentally ~ a teenager. Just wish the body felt that way!

~ Brandi ~

No comments: